Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Meatloaf

In honor of Mother's Day I thought I would post Mom's meatloaf recipe. She didn't have an actual recipe written down so with the help of my fading memory and some recipes I found on the internet, I think I've come up with something simlar to what she used to make. I'm still not certain that I have the meat to cracker ratio down right, but it's very close.

I love and miss you Mom!





1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage
½ -¾ cup onion, chopped
2 eggs
1 cup saltine crackers (1 sleeve) crushed
1 can tomato soup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Sauté onion in butter until soft.
Combine beef, pork sausage, onion, eggs, tomato soup and crackers. Mix well and shape into a loaf.
Bake in a 9x5 loaf pan for one hour and 20 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 160 degrees F.
Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails